The most bizarre taxidermies (stuffing of animal skins) I could find on the internet
i wore a cheap iron man mask for the heck of it during the summer orchestra camp i was mentoring at but i dIDNt know they were gonna bring in professional photographers do u know what its like finding a pic of urself in a foam mask on the internte that u didnt post there urself
it’s wicked HELLA awesome
this is my favorite image on the internet
“When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to it’s subjects, this you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motive.” ~ Robert Heinlein
THIS IS MY FAVORITE PICTURE ON THE INTERNET
OH GOD THEY’VE FOUND US
QUICK EVERYONE TO THE BATTLESHIP
QUICK HIDE THE OTPS BEFORE THEY SEE THEM
my biggest concern in life is actually how my online friends can be informed of my death
PEOPLE WHO JUST RANDOMLY MEET BAND MEMBERS ON THE STREET HOW DO YOU DO IT
step one: go outside for once.
but the outernet is scary
The fucking cat finally got the cheeseburger.
We can all go home.
The internet is over.
Internet social butterfly right here.
If I randomly stop talking to you, I’m not mad. I’m doing this. >3>
this is exactly me
oh my god
This is the current signature count for the petition to restore Net Neutrality. As you can see it has a very long way to go.
Come on people I know there are at least 64,000 of you on tumblr who haven’t signed this yet. Click here to do so
If you have already signed be sure to share the link so that the word will spread.
hey real talk for a second
the deadline for this petition is in THREE WEEKS
and it’s not even halfway to meeting the goal.
If it doesn’t meet the goal, IT’S OVER. THE PETITION IS REMOVED. THE END.
I know it might be a little annoying to take a whole two minutes out of your life to make an account and sign this, but that little annoyance pales in comparison to the fact that right now, MASSIVE CORPORATIONS NOW HAVE THE POWER TO CONTROL HOW THE INTERNET IS RUN
Please, DON’T sit back and think, “Oh, everyone else will sign it. I’ll just reblog.” No. There are literally THOUSANDS of people thinking the exact same thing. There’s a reason this post has almost 20,000 notes more than the number of signatures: It’s because people are liking and reblogging without signing it.
Don’t fall victim to the bystander effect. DO take this very, very seriously. The only requirement for signing is that you are 13 years or older. You don’t have to be a U.S. citizen to sign. So please, take the two minutes. Sign the petition. It’s the only hope we have to fix this.
ironic that just below this was the justin bieber petition. Come on guys, what’s more important to you? Honestly.
About 21k signatures left, folks.
DO YOU WANT TO HAVE TO PAY FOR WEBSITE ACCESS? DO YOU WANT TO HAVE TO PAY TO ACCESS NETFLIX AND HULU, FOR WHICH YOU ALREADY PAY TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT? DO YOU WANT TO PAY FOR SPOTIFY AND PANDORA OUTSIDE OF ANY SUBSCRIPTION FEES ALREADY IN PLACE? DO YOU WANT TO HAVE TO PAY TO WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS? IN ADDITION TO YOUR INTERNET BILL?
Then sign the damn petition.
Imma keep buggin’ ya’ll till you do.
kinda sad how this was started before the deport Beiber petition and that one has more signatures than necessary
Alright, followers, especially younger ones, we need to have a quick talk. Some of you in the cosplay community may have heard of the very recent murder of a 15 year old girl who had gone to a 23 year old’s house in order to make cosplay, nicknamed the “cosplay killing” (a name I disagree with because the murder had nothing to do with cosplay itself).
You know, we all joke about how when we were all young our parents told us that everyone online was out to molest us, and we joke about it because we know that it’s far from true. That doesn’t, however, change the fact that there ARE people like that, and you should always be wary.
I’m not going to tell you to never meet people from online because in this day and age the internet is so prevalent that saying distrust everyone would be like saying distrust every stranger on the street, but I am going to tell you a few things, and they all boil down to being alert, smart, safe, and cautious. There are people out there who wish to do good people harm, and the internet is the perfect place for them to find victims.
- Every person you are meeting online has just as equal a chance of being your murderer as they are your soulmate.
- Never, EVER meet someone alone.
- If you do choose to meet with someone, always bring a parent or trusted adult with you, tbh preferably male. Even if they don’t hang out with you and your new friend, they should be no farther than a table away at any time. Always have a parent or adult pick you up and drop you off, never get into a car with the person you’re meeting.
- If you’re a bit older (like me, i’m in my 20s) while you don’t need an adult because you are one, it’s best to have a large group of friends with you, again, preferably with some males (if you yourself aren’t male).
- Never agree to go to a hotel room, home, apartment or secluded location with someone who you have just met. First meetings should always be in an incredibly public place with lots of people around.
- Always carry with you one of the following: a taser, pepper spray, a defense stick, a knife, a whistle, or if you have a conceal carry permit, a weapon. They should be someplace both safe and hidden, like a purse or bag, but also be easily accessible.
- Be wary of large age differences. I’m sorry, but it’s true. This mainly applies when one party is under 18, especially under 16, and the other party is above 20.
- If the person you are meeting has a problem with any of this (you don’t really have to tell them about the weapon, but for the other things) that is a giant red flag and you should NOT go to see them. A TRUE friend or good person will say “I completely understand” and even then, just because you’ve known someone for a month doesn’t mean you know who they are or what their intentions are. No matter how well you think you know them, a relationship formed online should be treated differently than a relationship formed in person. Never let your guard down easily.
Currently, we don’t know how these two met, but small bits of information going around suggest it was through an online cosplay community. Always, ALWAYS, be safe, wary, cautious, and most of all alert when talking with people online. This is especially for my younger followers, you don’t want your mother to have to go through what this poor girl’s has gone through in the past week.
The internet is a place that we’ve all come to feel safe at, but that safety is exactly what the evil people of this world search for when looking for victims like this poor girl, gone too soon. I would rather you look like an overcautious, untrusting person than a corpse, and remember that.
INCREDIBLY important, you guys. All of the above-mentioned tips can actually save your life. Thank you so much for posting this, I know a lot of people can be saved with this information!
I know I said I wouldn’t reblog a whole lot on this blog but I know a lot of my followers are into cosplay ad there are a lot of young people on tumblr here too so PLEASE pass this on !
THIS IS VERY FUCKING IMPORTANT.
Solid advice and very important, but I would /not/ recommend carrying a knife with you. You’re more likely to cause yourself harm or get caught with it and face charges than you are to actually defend yourself.