My favorite internet phenomenon is when someone comments on a YouTube video with a really benign comment like “I love this song!” and then there are a bunch of hidden responses to that comment and then the last one isn’t hidden and it’s something like “you ignorant tool, I can’t believe anyone would even defend Eisenhower’s foreign policies, let alone compare them to political strategies of Napoleon. Take your asinine opinions elsewhere (and FYI, the Chinese DID invent noodles. idiot.)”
Angelina Jolie talks Internet - 1994 [x]
when u get online before ur friend and there’s big news in ur fandom
- Smuts were known as lemons
- Yaoi Warnings ( Don’t Like, Don’t Read! )
- Character x Character instead of Character/Character
- Every Time We Touch videos, and the forgotten Listen To Your Heart videos
- Numa Numa
- Naruto Phase
- Bring Me To Life amv’s
- citrus and lime warnings
- when fanfiction.net still allowed porn
- when fanfiction.net still allowed original writing before the great fictionpress split
- when livejournal was invite-only
- cardcaptors a mystic adventure
- aim roleplay
- when everyone had their own little fansites on geocities, angelfire, and tripod
- character-bashing fic and anti-shrines
- fanfic MSTing
- save our sailors
- the word “bishies”
- AOL message boards
- tinny background MIDIs on every page
- "this page coded with notepad" and netscape buttons
- "this page best viewed at 800x600"
- "under construction" pages
- yahoo mailing lists
- fansubs only available on the subber’s IRC channel
- fansubs only available if you send $30 for a VHS tape
- no official release whatsoever for Japanese media
- fanworks, especially fic, of Western media, especially print media, considered illegal and met with C&Ds
- the gap between Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix
- The Sentinel/Highlander/X-Files crossovers
- "this is part of the [fandom/ship/etc] webring"
- printing fics out because it feels more permanent
Having to wait until late at night to get your fandom on because that’s the only time your parents wouldn’t give you grief for tying up the phone line.
- The signatures with pictures and moving gifs in every post on the forums.
I know many people are confused and irritated about all of the stuff on Tumblr today regarding “internet slowlanes” and net neutrality. What is it? Why do I have to look at that spinning circle of death?
Above is probably the best breakdown of the issue I’ve seen.
Take a second and watch. Take another second and contact your representatives. This shit is very real and very scary.
Knowledge is power.
The internet is power.
Don’t let them take your power away.
The Internet Is Leaking of the day: There are countless t-shirts with the face of human meme Nic Cage on them, but now we have confirmation that the man himself owns one. We also now know he wears it with a cowboy hat, beaded necklaces, frilled chaps, a cane, and sunglasses indoors at a Guns N’ Roses gig. The world is a remarkably strange place.
Nic Cage has transcended his human avatar and we are not worthy of being in his presence
I’m crying. Omfg.
There are real tears in my eyes
Get off my LAN
GET OFF MY LAN!!!!
*dead* I had to say it out loud. Oh god.
This is awesome. But unless you’re 25+, I’m too old for this shirt!
Please guys, help australian kids become aware of the perils of the interwebs
I guess that settles that argument
Additional stages preceding Stage 4 include, but are not limited to:
- the scene phase
- meme-loving fuck
- incessant roleplayer
- brainwashed democrat
I’ve hit somewhere between stages 3 and 4
i’m an incessant roleplayer meme-loving fandom fuck and i will always be. bite me.
they keep asking but the anwser quite simple actually
This week, Gemma outlines The Freelancer Artist’s Food Pyramid.